My passion is supporting women throughout their life's journey. Through the practice of yoga, yoga nidra, meditation and educational classes, I guide women through menarche, menstruation, fertility, pregnancy, postpartum, motherhood, perimenopause and menopause. My well-woman yoga, prenatal and postnatal yoga programs help women to empower themselves from within, relieving the discomforts and stresses of every day life, strengthening their minds and bodies and creating space for a sacred pause during their busy day.
The deep meditative practice of woman-centered yoga has guided me through two pregnancies, the birth of twins, a homebirth, an international move, divorce and the many challenges of motherhood and life. Through yoga, yoga nidra and meditation I have learned to bring more happiness into my life, to live in my own true nature - joy!
I enjoy offering in-home private and semi-private group yoga, yoga nidra and meditation lessons so women can practice in their own sacred space, where they are able to release and let go of what no longer serves them and draw in what they need to experience at that present time. Group classes are also available in my space as well.
I am a yoga teacher, prenatal and postnatal yoga teacher, womb yoga teacher and I have facilitated well-woman fitness classes for hundreds of women over the past 10 years. I am a professionally trained doula and am in training to become a Fertility Awareness Educator and Sexual & Reproductive Health Educator. My favorite recreational activity is traveling the world with my three children and exploring current/ancient civilizations.
Professional training and certifications include (click on any of the live links to see the actual certificate):
- Yoga Teacher Training (200hr Registered Yoga Alliance School - Embrace Yoga D.C. w/ Faith Hunter, Washington D.C. USA)
- PreNatal Yoga Teacher Training (95hr Registered Yoga Alliance School - Brahmani Yoga, Goa India)
- Pregnancy Yoga Training (42hr Yoga Campus Course w/ Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, London)
- Well-Woman Yoga Therapy Training (30hr Yoga Campus Course w/ Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, London)
- Womb Yoga Training (30hr Yoga Campus Cours w/ Uma Dinsmore-Tuli, London)
- Certified AMANI Birth Doula
- ProDoula Labor Doula Training
- Birth Arts International Doula Training
- Certified AMANI Birth Childbirth Educator
- Sacred Belly Binding Training
- Yoga Anatomy Magic Level 1 Training
- Red Cross CPR Certified (kept current)
- ACE Certified Personal Trainer (2002-2007)
- ACE Pre/Post Natal Fitness Certified (2004-2007)
- Fit to Deliver Prenatal & Post Natal Fitness Instructor
- Stroller Strides Fit 4 Mom Franchisee (2005-2007)
- Certified SUP Yoga Teacher (30hrs SSI SUP, St. Simons Island GA, USA)
- SUP Level 1 Instructor, ACA
- Level 1 and 2 Core SUP & Fitness Coach, PaddleFit